Saturday, January 25, 2014

Overcoming Foibles

cover the distances, overcome the weaknesses

It started with a hello Ended at the pleasantries Hardly once in a week talks Indifference to each others' presence.
Random crossing paths, regularly Moody waving at each other, occasionally Sitting at two extreme corners But existing in the same room, were we?
One fine day, you go away Still, I felt nothing, really. Was I supposed to? No clue And in my head, you vanished subsequently.
Many from then and few years ago, A sudden, unexpected rendezvous, I lost my heart, a bit of myself, And believe me, its true.
Again, we started at a hello Went on to usual pleasantries, Furthered on to exchanging memories,did we? For we had ended up making some, unknowingly.
Now we've come together so far, Still there seems to be no end The nominal togetherness and short meaningless glances, are regretted And a single sight of you is now being yearned.
As we're walking on a same path, Holding your hands tightly, Being as close as I could be to you, Even this endless road doesn't seem enough.
You've let me cross that threshold, You've let me break the wall of our distanced years. You've let me come close to you, But why am I not with you yet?
Open the doors of your arms widely, As there's still a gap left to be filled Let me cover this shortest, yet the largest distance, And let me in straight to your heart.
So close, so there's nothing left to be filled. So near, that I can listen to the whispered promises of your heart. So firm, that it binds me to you forever and beyond that. So tight, that i can never leave. For I, never ever wanna leave

3 comments:

  1. I loved this poem. It was as if I'm reading my partial story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understandable.. Its the story of millions like us in the world.. I wish it wasn't

    ReplyDelete